I Love A Clean San Diego Celebrates 60 Years of Pollution Prevention!
Join us on Thursday May 29th and Toast to Six Decades.
I Love A Clean San Diego first emerged in 1954, as the City and County both identified a clear need for a citizen-appointed committee to curb the most prevalent environmental issue at the time: litter. Thus, the War Against Litter Committee was born. Although managed completely by volunteers, the organization was able to get citizens to think twice about polluting our environment through creative slogans, mascots and volunteer events. Perhaps you’ve seen our first mascot, Pelican Pete?
A lot has happened since 1954. Most noticeably, we’ve changed our name from War Against Litter Committee to I Love A Clean San Diego. Over the past sixty years, we’ve mobilized more than half a million volunteers who have picked up 7 million pounds of trash from the local environment.And we aren’t done yet!I Love A Clean San Diego invites you to join in celebrating our 60th Anniversary and all of the people who have made this organization thrive over the years.
Join us on Thursday May 29th, 2014 from 6:30pm – 9:00pm for our 60th Anniversary Celebration, which will be hosted at SeaWorld San Diego’s Manta Exhibit.
Wondering what the celebration will entail? Here’s a sneak peek!
- Get there early to take a spin on the Manta rollercoaster
- Sip on cocktails and nosh on appetizers during the outdoor reception with live animal interactions
- Get up close and personal with SeaWorld’s Manta rays, including a chance to feed them!
- Sit back and enjoy dinner as well as an awards ceremony honoring some of I Love A Clean San Diego’s champions
- And don’t forget to bid on the silent auction, where we will have great items like two round-trip tickets anywhere Alaska Airlines flies, a one-week vacation rental in Kona, Hawaii, tickets to the upcoming horse racing season at Del Mar, and so much more!
Purchase your tickets to this one-of-a-kind event today.
Can’t make it? Consider making a donation in support of our efforts, allowing I Love A Clean San Diego to thrive for another 60 years!